The Universitat de València (UVEG), founded in 1499, initially was dedicated to the study of medicine, humanities, theology and law. Nowadays, it is a modern university covering almost every branch of knowledge. Given the wide range of studies available, as well as its humanistic dimension, it is now one of the largest, oldest and most diverse universities in Spain.
UVEG is coordinating this project through the research group ScienceFlows, led by Prof. Carolina Moreno-Castro. ScienceFlows team is focused on the study of public comprehension of science, the social perception, the scientific dissemination, the history of science and the contemporary scientific culture.
Currently, ScienceFlows is coordinating 3 European projects and 1 national project: CONCISE (Communication role on perception and beliefs of EU Citizens about Science, H2020-SwafS-19_RIA-2018-2019) funded by Horizon2020 programme; PERSIST_EU (Knowledge, beliefs, perceptions about Science of European Students) and NoRumourHealth, funded by the Erasmus+ programme; and ESECO-MODA, funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.
Danmar Computers LLC is a private company operating in the field of Information Technology and providing vocational training in this field. Danmar has an extensive experience in developing modern Web and mobile applications that are used for educational purposes. Danmar also has long-term experience of carrying out European projects within which company’s R&D staff conducts research and prepares trainings tailored to the needs of various learners. During 15 years, Danmar has successfully implemented over 50 projects within Grundtvig, Leonardo da Vinci, Progress and recently Erasmus+. In many of these projects Danmar was responsible for designing and coordinating dissemination strategies. Danmar Computers is the developer and provider of AdminProject (adminproject.eu), the on-line system for management of European projects. All activities of the company are based on wide and well-established cooperation network, both on national and international levels. The national networks include training and counselling institutions, universities, schools, non-governmental organisations as well as private sector companies. International network include partners of various profiles coming from every European Union’s country. Danmar Computer’s mission is the promotion of life-long education and assurance of equal access to education for everyone with the use of modern technology.
The association addresses to :
- students, graduates, teachers and trainers, workers, staff members and unions.
- socially disadvantages groups such as unemployed young people, immigrants,elderly people, and people with Disability
- institutions and organizations in the labor market, business and social partners, research centers , non profit organizations , voluntary bodies and non – governmental organizations.
Through collaboration with the above target groups, the association provides:
- in Service training courses and specialized seminars in the areas of mental health, inclusion, culture, education, art, nutrition, sports and science .
- non–formal education and training through sharing experiences with stakeholders on environmental issues, environmental awareness and green jobs
- social inclusion practices to stimulate interest of the disabled youngsters, the elderly people and other vulnerable groups
- new pedagogies for the improvement of interpersonal and communication skills both for the trainers and trainees. The association participates in Erasmus plus KA1 AND KA2 projects.
Instalofi Levante S.L. (FyG Consultores) is a private, high-level training enterprise, pioneers in co-creation with companies, adults and young people in the training on innovative concepts, business creation, employability basic skills, literacy and numeracy skills, entrepreneurship and soft&hard skills training.
FyG acts actively as an education and training company promoting and enhancing the development of adults seeing for new opportunities and helping them to become more employable, facing different factors of exclusion: youngsters and adults with educational difficulties, unemployed with economic or social obstacles.
FyG has experience in running a wide range of trainings courses and mentoring programmes for companies, entrepreneurs, Start-Ups, also with individuals from disadvantage groups. It acts a body providing career guidance, professional counselling and information providing services of job insertion and intermediation on the labor market for unemployed as: orientation, training, assessment and information.
In recent years, FyG has developed and implemented a number of European international cooperation projects with Erasmus+, H2020, COSME programme, dealing with enterprise creation and development, employability, science education and communication, school education, Start Ups training, internationalization, Gamification and Innovation in training.
Instituto #SaludsinBulos (Health without fake news Institute) is a consultancy firm oriented to counter fake news in Health). It does it by different ways:
- Social media: It has a website managed by Health journalists where they dismantle fake news with the help of Health professionals and the collaboration of about 40 scientific societies and organizations. It disseminates it with a hashtag.
- Recommendations: It has issued recommendations and consensus with patients, Health professionals and journalists. One of them in eHealth.
- Events: It has organized several events about fake news in cancer, meningitis, pediatric Health, stroke and clinical communication
- Technology: It had created two chatbots about cancer and meningitis. Also it organizes Hackathon Salud, the biggest Hackathon in Health in Spain.
- Publications: It has issued a guide about fake news in Nutrition, a guide for GPs and other one about sunscreens.
- Training: It has trained patient associations, children, parents and scientific societies.